Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Offline printing

Posted by Fizpok 
Offline printing
November 05, 2014 04:36AM
Could you please suggest:

1. How to make the printer head, after print job is completed, to go up? In Rep. Host I'd do "Z scale up 50 mm", but in offline it just stops... which is inconvenient, if I need to unstuck printed details or to replace film on print bed.

2. How to pause printing, so that I can resume it (say, tomorrow)?

Thank you.
Re: Offline printing
November 05, 2014 12:39PM
for 1, you just need to add end gcode - which all the current slicers support. Just a simple "G90" to go to relative mode, followed by "G1 Z50 F1000" (you can change the 1000 to whatever speed you want) and then "G91" to go back to absolute mode.

for 2 - there is no easy way. You need to stop the print, manually move the head up so that it does not melt the printed object. At this point you can manually turn off the heaters, but not the printer or PC. The next day, get everything back up to temperature, make sure filament is flowing, Do a G92 to set your E axis back to what it was, manually lower the print head, and then resume the print. There's a LOT to consider if you want to do something like this. If you try to split your G Code into two files, you need to take care when you resume, that when you move back to the starting position that you do not collide with the object on the bed.

It is probably best just to let the printer go unattended. I've done it MANY times. Make sure the print gets through the first 2 layers OK, then just let it go
Re: Offline printing
November 06, 2014 03:18AM
Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login