Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

print quality compare

Posted by ekaggrat 
print quality compare
October 27, 2014 10:58PM
hi,

I was trying to find a quality compare of different machines printing at higher speeds ( 80mm/s and above ) and just could find any one. I think it would be good if people can post image of parts printed on their machines which have straight walls in them ( no pink panther women ) and are printed at speeds more than 80mm/s .

I get people chiming about print quality of deltas but don't get to see actual prints to compare it to a cartasian machine printing at the same speed. I would be great if people with different kind of machines could post detailed pics of prints made at high speeds..Also preferentially in PLA which is opaque and light colored ( that brings out all the defects)

thanks .
Re: print quality compare
October 28, 2014 03:13PM
In order to achieve what you are asking for, several things needs to be set by you "the judge":
Supply the stl file, so everyone print the same piece.
You need to establish the printing parameters, including speed, layer height, infill percentage, nozzle size, and yo u should supply the filament for the test (to prevent issues due to filament quality). Otherwise there will be no point of comparison.

Good luck with it.

BTW: I print for companies and very challenging customers, they want quality and fine details, so I never print fast. The fastest I have printed is about 40mm/sec. And that if i'm lucky. Most of my prints take between 9 and 48 hours, and although I would love to be able to print faster, quality wise we still not there with current printers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2014 03:15PM by ggherbaz.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login