Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Straight lines not straight

Posted by jakobnator 
Straight lines not straight
October 27, 2014 12:46PM
I don't have any pictures now but the problem is pretty simple. When my printer is attempting to draw a straight line in a print (perimeters) the axis that shouldn't be moving creeps ~1 mm ever second or so on really long perimeters. It creates an artifact that is not only ugly but causes the inner perimeter to sometimes not bond to the outer shell. It happens on both axis, I have tried tightening/loosening belts, different speeds, and changing the current on the steppers. I am using skeinforge and my next suspicion is some obscure slicing setting. Any help is appreciated.
Re: Straight lines not straight
October 27, 2014 04:14PM
Might be frequency noise getting in your motors through the wiring. Just one of many possibilities including "yes" a slicer problem, but you can easily eliminate the slicer if the problem occurs in every single print.
October 27, 2014 07:30PM
Does the unwanted axis creep happen in sudden steps, or in one continuous movement?

If it is in a continuous movement, have you configured some axis compensation, which could cause exactly this effect?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 27, 2014 09:44PM
I tried using Slic3r which prints somewhat faster even though they have the same speeds(???)From what I can tell though its not doing it in slic3r only in skeinforge in a creep of about 1 mm in a regular frequency. I have no idea what setting this would be in skeinforge and I don't recall changing anything but it's not impossible that I changed something that I didn't know the effects of accidentally.
October 30, 2014 11:24AM
Bump I attached a print of a a (working) earbud organizer, and this artifact is present in gaps (It's not ooze) I believe it to be almost micro step skipping described like above.
Attachments:
open | download - IMAG0050.jpg (513 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login