Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hitting 1 degree temp -- print not starting also high speed mm1.5 profiles

Posted by L4nce0 
Hitting 1 degree temp -- print not starting also high speed mm1.5 profiles
October 27, 2014 05:16AM
Hi all,

My issue is I hit print, and it gets to say 194 (of 195 goal) ... bounce back down 5 or so degrees, bounce back up, endlessly. I end up hitting disconnect and cranking up the temps before I hit print to get around it.

I'm using sprinter which I read does not need PID calibration.

What I did was a pretty major change. I have a trinity labs kit (shame they went under!) I custom upgraded the X axis to be more like their pro version, upgraded my makergear hot end to their newest version (power resistor). I do not have a 24v system, so it was a custom order for their 12v version. Since the power resistor is so big, it has a much larger thermal mass, and will have lots of temp fluctuation if I don't iron things down.

This all being said, if the advice is to move to a new better firmware I'm open to it. I'm not even 100% which firmware file was my newest and will probably have to start from scratch anyways. I'm a year or so behind on whats the best anyways.

I'm currently doing a big print and I see the temps are a clear 5 degrees behind what I've set them to. If I increase the temp, it stays 5 degrees behind the new temp.

Thanks for the help!

Also I could use some sample mendelmax 1.5 slic3r profiles for 150mm/s prints. I can't seem to find any after a lot of searching. I can figure it out on my own but a working profile will immensely speed the process. (currently printing at 70 - 100 mms)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2014 05:19AM by L4nce0.
Re: Hitting 1 degree temp -- print not starting also high speed mm1.5 profiles
November 03, 2014 12:54AM
I got it taken care of. I had no idea that marlin and sprinter were so different. With calibrated PIDs I no longer have a temp delta of 5 to 10 degrees!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login