Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z min always triggers TRIGGERED

Posted by quillford 
Z min always triggers TRIGGERED
October 16, 2014 03:30PM
M119 always returns TRIGGERED (or OPEN if I flip the connector) for Z min. I am using my own customized version of marlin on RAMPS 1.4. I am also using an inductive sensor. Does anyone have any solutions or suggestions? Is it a firmware setting I need to modify?
Re: Z min always triggers TRIGGERED
October 16, 2014 05:16PM
In Configuration.h:

const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

Don't know if inductive sensors need pullup resistors, but you may also need to play with this line:

// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
October 16, 2014 06:06PM
Chech your proximity switch, it is a NO or NC? Depending on type you would have to invert the logic, they need to have the pull up resistors since they throw voltage to ground.
October 16, 2014 07:41PM
I seem to have two endstop pullup resistors statements. They look the same to me. Could you tell me which one to modify?
October 16, 2014 11:28PM
The first part, the bold ones indicate that you set the endstops pull up for all endstops, that is right as long as you have mechanical switches or any switch that will allow voltage to ground (some switches already has them)and they are set so you don't create a short circuit. the second part, the one with yellow letters is the one that controls the logic (NC or NO).
If you want to understand it better, you can play with your switches. You got them all as true, now do an M119 code and switch to false any one showing triggered (without been actually triggered) after that repeat M119 and all should say open, trigger one with your fingers and run M119 again, the one you are holding will display "triggered".
October 16, 2014 11:32PM
ggherbaz
The first part, the bold ones indicate that you set the endstops pull up for all endstops, that is right as long as you have mechanical switches or any switch that will allow voltage to ground (some switches already has them)and they are set so you don't create a short circuit. the second part, the one with yellow letters is the one that controls the logic (NC or NO).
If you want to understand it better, you can play with your switches. You got them all as true, now do an M119 code and switch to false any one showing triggered (without been actually triggered) after that repeat M119 and all should say open, trigger one with your fingers and run M119 again, the one you are holding will display "triggered".
I understand that difference. I am talking about the pullups. To me, it looks like a conditional that does the same thing for both conditions.
October 16, 2014 11:41PM
If any of your switches are connected to min. You need to delete the // for minimum endstops like 3dkarma mentioned.
October 16, 2014 11:56PM
ggherbaz
If any of your switches are connected to min. You need to delete the // for minimum endstops like 3dkarma mentioned.
All of them are connected to min. I do not use max. My regular endstops trigger correctly though with the settings above.
October 17, 2014 12:01AM
[airtripper.com]

Probably this link will explain that part better than I can do.
October 17, 2014 12:04AM
ggherbaz
[airtripper.com]

Probably this link will explain that part better than I can do.
Do you use marlin with an inductive sensor?
October 17, 2014 12:06AM
Sorry, you got it right, I'm used to use max for X and Y and min only for Z.
October 17, 2014 12:07AM
Yes but capacitive instead of inductive, same stuff at the marlin level though
October 17, 2014 12:08AM
Could you send me a preconfigured config or compiled firmware to test if it is my settings?
October 17, 2014 12:13AM
Can do it tomorrow, but sure. It might not be pretty though. I'm Lefty so I set my stuff opposite to the standard.
October 17, 2014 12:14AM
Ok. Thanks
October 17, 2014 01:18AM
Update: it is not my firmware. I just wired my printrbot probe in and it works. It is either my soldering or probe. Probably my soldering as the led triggers correctly.
October 18, 2014 05:26PM
I bought another probe with the same exact model number as the Printrbot probe. It still does not work. I could have simply received three defectives probes, but it could be I need to do something to the probe to get them to work for RAMPS.
October 22, 2014 03:35AM
I am not sure whether the Arduino can handle the type of signal that a proximity (inductive) switch delivers? Just a thought...

Click here to login