Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not sure of my issue

Posted by verb.zero 
Not sure of my issue
October 13, 2014 06:08PM
This is my first attempt at this type of print with such small/thin pieces, I using the Wilson TS ramps1.4. I am using t2 timing belts and they tight with tensioners. I have no idea why it doing this so here is the image. The spirals are super sloppy and my extruder jammed after i adjusted the heat to 180 im printing this in PLA and the extruder nozzle was deforming the top chess piece at first .

Re: Not sure of my issue
October 13, 2014 06:26PM
I had strings and blobs like that on my early prints. I fixed it by increasing retraction to 4mm in slic3r and reducing hot end temperature. 180C is already quite low for PLA, but perhaps your temperature measurement is not accurate.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 13, 2014 06:32PM
PS - increasing retraction speed may also help. I found the thread in which all this was discussed, see [forums.reprap.org].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

October 14, 2014 01:23PM
Alright so after reading your forum and making adjustments in slic3r things are getting a little bit better. I went into the setting on the arduino and changed the max feed rate that didn't seem to do anything worth while.IF the print has large layers/objects the print is fine and look quite nice. When i do the small calibration prints or this chess piece the small blobs happen.

If i watch the printer do the risers of this pyramid is seems like the extruder is pressing into the layers before causing the "blob" nothing i do seem to fix this, ive also tried adjusting the first layer height mechanically and software wise. The end of the pyramid also was just a melted mess. *head scratch* fyi Layer height in Slic3r is .4mm first layer is .35 i use hairspray/heated bed so no layer sticking issues happen. Also im only doing this with 10% fill

October 14, 2014 01:38PM
If the problem only occurs on small pieces then it may indicate that you are printing too fast and/or with insufficient cooling. Problems occur if you print a layer before the previous one has solidified because the print head then pushes the previous layer around. There is a minimum layer time setting in slic3r to help deal with this.

October 15, 2014 08:04PM
Alright took your advise on printing to fast, not only was i printing to fast but extruding too much. Made some adjustments on the firmware and now this is where i am

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login