Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruding problems

Posted by Isaacferreira 
Extruding problems
October 10, 2014 08:43AM
Hey guys, a couple of weeks i bought a prusa i3 with a friend, and now we are having some problems
The original extruder clogged and we bought another.
this one:
[www.ebay.co.uk]

the problem now is, when i insert the pla filament and test it manualy at 205C all good, extrudes, but when the printing cicle begins it wont come out. Only if i remove the filament and put it again.

could you please help me?
Re: Extruding problems
October 11, 2014 06:45AM
I had similar problem, with repetier in manuel mode it was ok, but when printing nothing came out.
I just had to set INVERT_E0_DIR to true in configuration.h since my extruder is a geared one.

You may want to check also that your hobbed bolt is enough squeezed against the filament.

Wich softs & config are you using ? What was the old extruder ?
Re: Extruding problems
October 13, 2014 05:52PM
Those heat sink fins are spaced pretty far apart. Hopefully you have that small fan pointed at the heat sink, otherwise you'll get heat travelling up the barrel which will cause the filament to expand in the barrel and block it.

£15.99 is extraordinarily cheap for a hot end and hobbed bolt. The hot end is really where you should be spending money. Chances are you'll get a number of problems. For example, a good quality hot end will have the inside of the barrel polished to reduce friction and blockages. A cheap one probably won't.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login