Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with blobbing

Posted by kramma 
Help with blobbing
September 22, 2014 01:59PM
Getting some almost perfect prints. Still getting some blobbing (see photos). I have had a look using the forum search function but cant find any good threads. Can someone help me with where they may be to sort the problem or had any ideas themselves?
Cheers,
K
Attachments:
open | download - xx.jpg (295.6 KB)
open | download - x.jpg (473.7 KB)
Re: Help with blobbing
September 22, 2014 02:26PM
Looks like you need to experiment a bit with retraction settings. What slicer are you using?
September 22, 2014 02:29PM
Using 0.9.3. I saw somewhere on the net that if you had to use retraction then it was making up for some other issue with the setup so I have sort of avoided that so far but maybe you are right...
September 22, 2014 03:47PM
Retraction...
Turn it on and then adjust the distance. Mine is at .5mm for a direct drive setup.
September 23, 2014 04:55AM
kramma
Using 0.9.3. I saw somewhere on the net that if you had to use retraction then it was making up for some other issue with the setup so I have sort of avoided that so far but maybe you are right...

Making up for some other issue? I wonder who started that silly rumor?
If you were pouring water for 2 cups of tea, would you not tilt the kettle back before moving to the 2nd cup, or just pour it all over the kitchen top instead?

September 23, 2014 01:28PM
You are using a very old version of slic3r. The current stable version is 1.17.

As others have said, you need to experiment with retraction settings. You haven't said what printer you have. If your printer has a Bowden extruder, try 4mm.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login