Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multi-material printing

Posted by jbar 
Multi-material printing
September 15, 2014 05:11PM
Hello to everyone, I am new at this forum and I am thinking about buying a 3D printer, but I have a doubt about the filament material:

There are some printers that print in PLA, others thar print in ABS, etc ? or It is possible to buy a printer ready to print in ABS and change to PLA or other material if needed?

I know that there are different conditions for ABS and PLA like the hot bed so I guess that if my printer does not have a hot bed I can not print with ABS but I cant with PLA, but maybe with an ABS ready printer I can turn off the hot bed and decrease the extruder temperature ro something like that.

I hope that my question is clear, thanks in advance for the answer.
Re: Multi-material printing
September 15, 2014 05:18PM
Pretty much any printer that's capable of printing ABS can print PLA, although there are some hot ends that have problems with PLA (such as earlier versions of the Budaschnozzle).

Basically, if you want an ABS/PLA printer, look for one that's ABS-capable and comes with a heated bed. Find out which hot end it uses and search here for any issues printing PLA with either the hot end or the printer.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
Re: Multi-material printing
September 15, 2014 05:25PM
Thanks for your fast answer, it has been realy usefull for me. I will investigate about that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login