Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New 3d printing user, printing issue

Posted by 3dprintingnewb 
New 3d printing user, printing issue
September 14, 2014 01:55PM
Who would have thought?! Never done this before and have an issue. I built a 3d printer based off of the Prusa I3, and everything SEEMS to work fine. When I am in Repetier Host all of the 0's for the 0 axis appear to be okay, at least the x and z are perfect. However when I start a print it jams itself into -x until I stop it. I do not like the noise coming from the motor when this happens and have only tried twice after double checking all configurations and shut it off shortly after. Any assistance would be wonderful, also the slicer I am using is Cura.

Is there a chance that on the arduino the default positions are wrong? Is that a thing? (New to arduinos)

Please close this if possble. I posted it in two places nd actually figured out my issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2014 06:44PM by 3dprintingnewb.
Re: New 3d printing user, printing issue
September 15, 2014 11:31AM
Where did you place your endstop for the x-axis? On the motor side or on the other side? Try to control your printer from the print panel in repetier or with pronterface/printrun. Going minus should be towards the endstops, going plus should be away from the endstops. If the controls do the opposite than you can fix this in 2 ways. First is quick and dirty: just reverse the connector of the steppermotor on the ramps board. Second solution is adjusting the firmware. Don't know the firmware you're using, so I can't give you any advice on that.

Did you confige the maximum size correctly in the firmware? Maybe used a "," instead of a "." in the dimension?

Did you configure the amount of steps for the x-axis motor correctly? It depends on the kind of motor, belt and pulley you use.

Hope this can guide you towards a solution.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login