Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Second Extruder Moves X axis, Offsets and Adherence

Posted by Egar 
Second Extruder Moves X axis, Offsets and Adherence
August 31, 2014 06:39PM
Hello everyone!

I recently installed a second extruder on my Prusa i3 with Ramps 1.4 on Marlin. So far I've had several headhaches with the thing, so I've decided to come here and ask for help.

1st problem: When I try to extrude from the second extruder, the X axis moves as well.
For some reason, most of the time when I try to make E1 move, it makes the x-axis move as well. Could this be electrical noise? Wrong pinout? The pins.h file on Marlin is untouched, I have Marlin_v1.

2nd problem: Offsets.
I have the dual extruders set up with auto bed level. For some reason, when auto bed level runs, the probe doesn't hit the coordinates it should, and neither does z-homing. Also, the printer starts printing on the left side of the bed instead than at the center. I've the offsets setup for both the probe (I assume the offset is from E0) and the offset for the extruders (only E1, from E0).

The auto bed level probe is behind the extruders, towards the back of the printer. The E0 is to the right, and E1 to the left. Bed level probe is not centered, is slightly closer to E1 in x. I'm describing this to make better sense of these numbers:

#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 40   
  #define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 120
  #define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 120
  #define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 40

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -31.00  
  #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 57.00  
  #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -5.5

// (...)

#define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X {0.0, -45.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the X axis
#define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y {0.0, 0.00}  // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the Y axis

3rd problem: Bed adherence

I've tried kapton tape + ABS juice, I still can't get good bed adherence. Also, since I switched to a 0.25mm nozzle I can't get Slic3r to print a good base. It prints lines that are super thin and the object on top of them. (edit: nevermind, it was the raft that for some reason was better on 0.35) Also, the brim or skirt (I never know which one is which) it's no longer connected to the object. What settings should I use?

Thank you all very very much for your help. I wasn't sure if I should post 3 different topics, one for each question...

Cheers,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 11:16PM by Egar.
Re: Second Extruder Moves X axis, Offsets and Adherence
September 05, 2014 01:45PM
Sorry to bother, does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login