Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem in control the heat temperature.

Posted by araripe 
Problem in control the heat temperature.
August 31, 2014 10:40AM
I would appreciate if someone could help me with this issues.
1 - Why when I hit the Set button in Pronterface the heat does not heat? The LCD show the value setted but the Ramps do not start send current to heat. BTW, if I use the LCD fuction Preheat PLA or Preheat ABS it works.
2 - I am using a 12V 40W heater. When I use the function Preheat ABS (setted to 250 C max) the heat start heating and the sensor shows the progress but when the temperature hit 250°C the setted value goes to zero and the heat temperature continues rise up to 350 (when I shutted it down). Why the firmware do not stop the heat when it hit the presseted value?
Thank in advance.
Re: Problem in control the heat temperature.
September 04, 2014 11:58AM
hi araripe,

which embedded software do you use?

please check the your thermistor settings in embedded software.

or,

Also control the your ramps board. i had a ramps board 3 months ago, i 've had similar problem after that i investigated the problem and heater controller transistor is damaged somehow. i change the ramps and problem solved. try it maybe it works.

Custom 3D Printer,

Mechanical Engineer
Re: Problem in control the heat temperature.
September 04, 2014 03:24PM
Hi!

After a lot of try I realized that the RAMPS led (near the D10) was lighting little low. I did measure D10 terminals and found no voltage at all. Looking into the pins.h file (Marlin firmware) I found a mistake in the pin value associated with HEATER_0_PIN definition for the motherboard I use (Ramps 1.4). Now I have the heater working when commanded by the host (Pronferface or Repetier). Problem solved!
Thank for your attention.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login