Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Noozle keeps clogging need help sad smiley

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Noozle keeps clogging need help sad smiley
August 27, 2014 10:13PM
sad smiley i just dont know how or whats the reason this keeps happening, my prints were wasted.
can anyone help me?
Re: Noozle keeps clogging need help sad smiley
August 27, 2014 11:42PM
You Might want to ask this over in the Printing sub-forum. But I would try turning up the hotend temp. Each batch of filament is different and while it's best practice to start out at 185-190 for PLA if you have extrusion issues then you walk it up until you have a nice flow.

Thanks Mike
August 28, 2014 03:59AM
It could help us help you if you provide pictures of your failed prints and details about your machine (extruder and hotend types, where you get it etc).

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
August 28, 2014 05:39AM
Hi Melissa, I told you before in the post about your question where to get filament, that if you want any kind of advice, you should provide us with more specific information.

Every problem has a specific cause, especially with manually created 3D-printers smiling smiley (trust me, I know), and like DeuxVis says, extruder, hotend, images of your prints, it all helps a great deal!

If you look at your extruder for example, can you see if the filament maybe slips on the hobbed bolt? You will notice from the plastic scrapings that come off of the filament around the extruder. This is a very common cause. But it can also be a stepper driver that doesn't supply enough current to the motor, or printing too cold, or printing PLA with a J-head without cooling the PEEK part of it etc etc.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Anonymous User
September 03, 2014 11:26PM
Melissa you should def try using another filament. It could be that your diameter is a little off and that's whats causing the issue with your filament. I used to have that issue but then i started using cheap 3d filaments and I am yet to have a problem with their filaments
September 22, 2014 08:36PM
Is it possible to get TO hot with PLA?
Im exploring 175-250 degrees and seem to get like
spurts of PLA, have a .30 J head.
thanks
September 23, 2014 06:20AM
When PLA is too hot it becomes too liquid and just drips out of the nozzle instead of forming a filament. The normal range for a J-head with an accurately calibrated thermistor is 185-220C.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
November 13, 2014 12:21PM
Only 2 reasons:
1) extruder is not hot enough. Ideal temperature for PLA is around 190C, but it depends on supplier.
2) The filament you got there is not really PLA

BotFeeder - Professional Manufactured 3D Filament
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login