Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Small streaks and holes

Posted by Epycre 
Small streaks and holes
August 26, 2014 07:58PM
I am trying to print out this phone stand and I am getting strange streaks and marks along the print. I tried increasing the temperature of the hot end thinking that the material is cooling too quickly, but that did not seem to fix the issue. I am printing with 1.75mm ABS on a Prusa i2. Nozzle diameter of 0.4mm with a layer height of 0.3mm. I am using 20% infill with a extruder temp of 234C. I think the issue might also be humidity, since I live in Florida, but I am not sure if this is a possible result. I could use some advice if anyone has encountered a similar issue before.
Attachments:
open | download - 4.jpg (589 KB)
open | download - 3.jpg (522.4 KB)
open | download - 2.jpg (570.8 KB)
open | download - 1.jpg (577.9 KB)
Re: Small streaks and holes
August 26, 2014 10:21PM
I live in FL also (Pensacola) and print with 3mm ABS and I dont have these issues. My current 1 kilo spool is a few months old and its sitting out in my computer room unprotected and it prints just fine at 230c.
August 26, 2014 11:45PM
Check that your belts are tight, make sure retraction is on, slow down the print a little.
August 27, 2014 10:02AM
I agree with tmorris9. It looks like things might be a bit loose - especially in the Y direction. Also, it looks like you might be overextruding a bit, and that you might benefit from working on your retraction settings.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login