Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface "error reading file"

Posted by birwin 
Pronterface "error reading file"
August 20, 2014 10:23AM
Hi

I have been trying to print some things recently with limited success. Whenever I select to SD print, it would say "Print started at:[Timestamp]" and then "Error reading file". Only a few files have this problem while others work fine. I have checked the code against the working ones to see if there is anything different that it doesn't like, with nothing jumping out.

My printer is a RepRapPro Ormerod and the softwares I am using is Slic3r and Pronterface which haven't given me any trouble earlier. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - Capture.PNG (9.9 KB)
Re: Pronterface "error reading file"
August 23, 2014 03:39AM
Tried using a short file name (max 8 chars) without any kind of special characters?
August 24, 2014 02:10PM
Ploks
Tried using a short file name (max 8 chars) without any kind of special characters?

Yeah, some of these used to work but now they come up with the "error reading file" error. Also, all of the files I have successfully printed so far have had long names. It just started happening.

Could it be that the file or the memory card is corrupt? I might get another card to see if that fixes the problem.
August 25, 2014 01:56AM
To check whether the file system or file is corrupt just insert the card in a PC (if you have access to one with a SD card reader). Reformat if something seems wrong.

EDIT: I just reread your post and since only a few files were affected it is probably not a problem with the file system if you can still copy other files to the card that works alright.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2014 01:59AM by Ploks.
August 28, 2014 06:09PM
Ploks
To check whether the file system or file is corrupt just insert the card in a PC (if you have access to one with a SD card reader). Reformat if something seems wrong.

EDIT: I just reread your post and since only a few files were affected it is probably not a problem with the file system if you can still copy other files to the card that works alright.

I've tried newly created files and most don't work. It's a bit annoying not knowing whether it will work or not. I'll try a few more see if they work.

I have just flashed the newest firmware to the printer. Could it be a line of code that the new firmware is not liking?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2014 06:12PM by birwin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login