Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hot end jamed

Posted by soaring eagle 
hot end jamed
August 07, 2014 06:42PM
my printer as been working perfectly ever since i bought the e3d hotend and high quality filament until today plastic stop coming out from the hotend the extruder wouldn't push it threw put if i took it off i could push it though put it is very difficult so i took it apart and got some plastic taken out of it so i could push it in easily so i put it on the printer and plastic came out so i started printing and it stopped working. I think the problem started when i tried to sharpie my white filament i have done it once before so i don't know if that's what did it.
Re: hot end jamed
August 07, 2014 07:20PM
when i go to print something it doesn't extrude so if i puase it and pull the filament out and cut the end off when i put it back in and tell the printer to extrude it will extrude has much as i want but if i resume the print it stops working and i have to do it agian
August 07, 2014 10:57PM
Imade the printer move faster and know its working but I would like to know what the problem is so I could slow it down and get better quality prints
August 08, 2014 02:42AM
I have a similar problem, with a custom bowden extruder and a custom hot end. After several tests, I realized that:
you can force the hot end to extrude by increasing the flow, but we know that we should keep it at 100%,
the speed increase the quality, in the case of a too high manual flow,
if it's jammed, it will probably stay jammed because the extruder will munch the filament.

I'll do some tests on my devices to know what needs to be changed, if I get improvement I'll post here.

Edit: For a better understanding of your posts, may I suggest you to make shorter sentences? Plus, adding some space would help to lighten your "prose", and avoid lost of potential readers. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2014 07:53AM by thib88.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login