Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Little PLA threads around and everywhere...

Posted by monbesugo 
Little PLA threads around and everywhere...
August 05, 2014 12:44PM
Hi there!

I have an issue while printing PLA…

There is threads everywhere and I can´t avoid them. I have tried changing the temperature (The big piece was at 195 degrees, the little at 183), the layer is 0,21mm and the speed is close to default.

What do you think is the problem? I have no cooler at the nozzle (I have it on the peak)… Could it be the problem? What would you print to support the fan? And what size of fan would you put?

Thanks a lot!
Attachments:
open | download - IMG050.jpg (264.4 KB)
open | download - IMG052.jpg (265 KB)
open | download - IMG055.jpg (264.1 KB)
Re: Little PLA threads around and everywhere...
August 05, 2014 03:10PM
Do you use retraction? It looks like that you may need to change your retraction settings, because that is what should keep your hot end from leaving all those strings.

Thingiverse Profile
August 05, 2014 03:28PM
I do use retraction... but just the default settings.

Amyway, when the hot end is warming up, the string goes alone... I mean, it doesn't throw PLA only when it extrudes but when is waiting for the printing while warming up...

It may be the temperature then? May be I have not selected the right thermistor but... before warming the hot end, it's at around 28 degrees (what looks like it's measuring fine)

What could I set on slicer for the retraction to be fine?

Thanks and sorry for my English grinning smiley
August 05, 2014 03:37PM
It is normal for your hot end to ooze while it warms up. In expert mode on slic3r you can change the retraction length (under the printer settings > extruder 1 tab). You may want to experiment with a longer retraction length. Are you using a bowden extruder setup?

Thingiverse Profile
August 05, 2014 04:47PM
I'm not using the bowden extruder setup... I will try to play tomorrow playing with the retraction settings...

Anyway, what temperature do you recommend for PLA?

Best Regards.
August 05, 2014 05:11PM
I generally use 175-180 C for my PLA. Good luck!

Thingiverse Profile
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login