Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper motor will turn after multiple button pressings

Posted by domtropen 
Stepper motor will turn after multiple button pressings
July 23, 2014 03:26AM
Greetings,

I am getting so close to finishing this project! I am working on the reprap i2. The major structure of the prusa i2 is assembled and all I have left is the electronics... Now I have I have a problem which is the motors won't turn, well they will if I use pronter face and i press the y direction enough times it will move, otherwise it just vibrates and won't turn. Now I messed with the pot and I hear a high pitch wine coming from the motor (bad?.. good? Explain) I check with the power supply and made sure it was pumping 12 v and it is. switched drivers to see if that was the issue, nope nothing thus far. I check the wires, well I'm assuming that works since if i use pronter face and press it repeatedly it works. also the mech endstop is placed as well when I test it it lights up with the led(other than that nothing)

Advice? Help? Any clarifications?

P.S I did try some of the troubleshooting found here: [forums.reprap.org]

But I got nothing thus far...

I also do suspect that the motors aren't the best fit either I got them on ebay :[www.ebay.com]

But they seem to have the same specs as required motors.
Re: Stepper motor will turn after multiple button pressings
July 23, 2014 04:05AM
Have you got the jumpers installed under all the driver chips?
Do you have the firmware configured properly?

July 23, 2014 09:50AM
Yes in fact I had the firmware installed and everything worked very early on I also had the firmware installed as well, but as I was testing it made no difference as I couln't get any of the stepper motors going, so I just stuck with the y axis motor just to minimize risk

UPDATE: I relized that high pitch whine coming from the motor meant the power could be a bit high, still the same issue persists

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 09:54AM by domtropen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login