Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Top layer has holes

Posted by AjaxOfTheRockies 
Top layer has holes
July 19, 2014 09:10PM
I have most stuff on my printer working pretty good except the top surface.

I'm using Cura 14.03 and recently downloaded Pronterface.

Can't seem to figure out what to change to get the top layer to not look like this

Can someone here tell me how to fix this?

Thanks!

- a -
Attachments:
open | download - TopFail.png (451.8 KB)
Re: Top layer has holes
July 19, 2014 09:33PM
Check to see how many solid layers you have set for top and bottom(I do about 5, top and bottom). I use Sli3r so can't tell you where to look. Also, if your infill is spaced too far apart it won't bridge properly(I use %50.) Or you have to play around with your bridging.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2014 09:40PM by Dreadnaught426.
July 19, 2014 09:33PM
It appears to me that your printer is just printing one layer of material over the infill, causing your holes, go to the full settings in Cura under 'Fill', and set that to a higher number like 1mm or 2mm and see what happens. That will add more layers of material over the holes and hide them. Of course, that being said, although I have Cura 14.07, I've never actually used it for an entire print, so I may not be the best authority on the subject!

Thingiverse Profile
July 26, 2014 09:03PM
HI All,

Wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted suggestions. I did get the problem worked out and can post a picture later on. I'm using Cura for slicing and it does not have separate control for top layers. So, I put the top/bottom layer setting at 1.0mm and increased the flow percentage and now the top surfaces look pretty good.

Thanks again!

- a -
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login