Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help!!! can't print

Posted by Mormonguy 
Help!!! can't print
July 17, 2014 08:34AM
[m.ebay.com]

Hey guys so I'm kinda a newbie at this whole thing. So I can't get it to print. I'm very lost on where to even begin with this. I can connect to the printer but that seems to be about it its a prusa i3. I'm just having a hard time trying to understand the print program. Any help would be great thanks. The link is the type of i3 I have and I'm running it on my windows 7
Re: Help!!! can't print
July 17, 2014 09:55AM
What software do you use? Is your printer fully setup - i.e. can you move motors, heat the hotend, extrude?
July 17, 2014 10:04AM
Yes its fully set up I belive. The heat pad comes on and the nozzle dose seem to heat up too. I don't remember what program it came with it seems like a very complex program though. Is there a simple one?
Thanks.
July 17, 2014 10:52AM
Try Cura 3d from ultimaker - I've found it very simple to set up and use, doesn't offer as much settings/customization as some, but should get you started quickly.

tip: if you expierience connectivity issues with your prusa, try previous versions of cura - I've found that the firmware/hardware I have works best with version 13.x

/Larry
(www.filamentshop.ie)
July 17, 2014 11:45AM
Ok good to know. I've tried it. And it ether says they is an error when I hit print. Or if I do get it to print it moves down to the print bed but then stops. Any ideas why?
Thanks
July 18, 2014 07:02AM
Would need more info: error message at least.

/Larry
(www.filamentshop.ie)
July 18, 2014 11:55AM
A screen shot would be wonderful. If you have a good image editor you'll have to use that to export to a smaller file size, it's quite limited in the forums.
I'd check for loose connections, proper baud rate, loose power supply, overheating stepper drivers, etc.
It's good to see another Mormon around here, though chances are there are a few who just aren't as open as you [like myself].

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
July 28, 2014 01:38PM
Hey thanks for all the help. Sorry I was out of town. So I got it printing but now it only prints so far then stops, I hit resume. But when I do it errors out saying not connect. So when I reconnect it and try printing again it lays down way to much plastic. And then the head gets stuck in all the plastic. So any help would be great.
Thanks guys
July 28, 2014 06:16PM
You need to calibrate your e-parameter. It is located on your firmware, I assume it is marlin?

Also make sure that filament moves with your gear. Make it really tight and then lose it few spins.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login