Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Printer...Help!!!!

Posted by createanddesign 
New Printer...Help!!!!
July 07, 2014 05:15PM
Hello all. Im new to this forum hoping someone here can help me with my problem since i havnt found help anywhere else. I got a printer a couple months ago and havnt been able to get it working properly after working on it almost everyday since ive gotten it. My problem is that i cant seem to fix my layer shift on the y axis. Ive tried adjusting the potentiometer to every posistion, ive slowed down the print speed as well as accelleration. Ive made sure the belts were tight. Ive tried alot of different things and nothing seems to help. Does anyone here have any suggestions to help me finally solve this problem?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2014 05:18PM by createanddesign.
Re: New Printer...Help!!!!
July 07, 2014 06:20PM
Have you checked the pulley isn't slipping?

Is there much resistance when you attempt to move the bed by hand? If it's binding somewhere it might be making the motor skip.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
July 07, 2014 09:21PM
Thanks for your quick response 3dkarma. The belts are tight without any slipping and the bed and everything are moving smooth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2014 09:22PM by createanddesign.
July 07, 2014 10:01PM
Is it a shift in one direction only? Over intermittent intervals? Or constantly?

My first guess when someone has a shift in only one direction is the end stop. It may be losing connection. When your board doesn't have one connected, the axis will only move in one direction. A vibrating machine will cause your wires to move and lose connection.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2014 10:01PM by KingRahl.
July 08, 2014 01:08PM
Hello KingRahl, the shift is only on the Y axis. It will print the very first layer then the next will be in a lower posistion and so on. Im not sure i know extactly what your saying about the endstops but they do seem to be working fine, when its hit, it stops. But its never hit during a print and doesnt seem to loose connection, i would i know if its loosing its connection? Also i want to add that since i never saw any shifting problems or any problems at all with the X and Z axis, i never touched their potentiometers. Could this be a problem? Also im using A4988 G3D Drivers if that helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2014 01:36PM by createanddesign.
July 08, 2014 03:08PM
is there any object i can print that will clearly show wether the x,y,or z axis is off and help me tune everything?
July 08, 2014 04:32PM
Try following the calibration guide on the reprap wiki. There are a number of things you can print to test your printer's calibration on the guide.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
July 08, 2014 04:38PM
Thanks 3dkarma looking it over now, hopefully it helps!
July 12, 2014 04:25PM
Thanks again 3dkarma after trying a number of things i got my printer working well! I have couple of questions maybe someone here can help. I printed many different things since Ive gotten it working. And out of all of those, Ive had two that the layers for some reason dont adhere to the last so when I go to pull it off the bed they come off very flakey almost like Im pulling off each layer one by one, what causes this? My last question that I havent really been able to find a answer to is how can I print in a high resolution? Is there something to change in the slic3r settings? I keep seeing something about microns but im not sure what that is or where to find it in slic3r.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login