Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder heating to 210 then dropping below 25 degrees

Posted by Big3D 
Extruder heating to 210 then dropping below 25 degrees
July 04, 2014 02:28PM
I have been using my Printrbot Simple Metal for a little while now, and have printed a few things. Still figuring out how to get that ideal print. So I took a break for about a week, then I come back and start to work in it again and while printing my perimeter the filament reverses all the way out, halfway through. so i think have that issue fixed so I go to print something simple and i heat up my extruder to 200 degrees.. but it keeps going higher, up to about 213 then it drops to below 25 degrees and wont go above like 24.3. I cant print anything now its frustrating. I dont know what to do, Ive tried to reset everything back to defaults and it keeps happening. Will anyone please help me!
Attachments:
open | download - printr problems.png (229.7 KB)
Re: Extruder heating to 210 then dropping below 25 degrees
July 05, 2014 01:15AM
First, check all connections. Most of the time it's a mechanical problem before a software problem.
Next, check your components. Check the wires and solder joints for any breaks.
It sounds like your most likely problem is the extruder heater. Since 24.3C is about room temperature (75.74 F) it's still registering a temp.
July 17, 2014 03:36PM
It's probably an issue with your thermistor, I have this same issue when the thermistor comes loose from the hotend. Also try measuring the power output to the hotend if it isn't a mechanical issue.

Through self sustaining actions comes freedom

DIY Tech Shop
July 22, 2014 04:54PM
I agree with diytechshop. I didn't manage to connect the thermistor correctly while building my ormerod. At startup the thermystor showed correct values. It fell back after heating, as it expanded and the contact got loose. It reatracts again, as not heated anymore and so forth. I finally soldered the thristor to the cables instead of only crimping it.

KingRahl may also be right for the same issue I stated above. Your material heats up, expands and....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login