Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Non uniform extrusion

Posted by dolphinboy 
Non uniform extrusion
July 03, 2014 06:03AM
Hello,

I have been playing with lots of configs but I still can't figure out what it causing this "non uniform extrusion":

Could any of you guys check it? do you have any clue about what's causing it?

Thanks!
Re: Non uniform extrusion
July 03, 2014 08:49AM
Check that your extruder stepper driver is proper tuned, when I switched to using higher grade filament I had to increase power [my problem was worse than yours, so it may be a different cause] to my motor by a tad.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
July 03, 2014 12:40PM
It is correctly set, maybe it's a problem with the current they share with the stepper motor... Your guess is that it lacks of current or is overloaded?

Thanks
July 03, 2014 01:14PM
I think it lacks, with a low enough power, skipping isn't audible unless you know what to listen for.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
July 03, 2014 02:11PM
If using spool check how its coming off nake surebirs coming of freely

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
July 03, 2014 05:57PM
Yeah,

Using spool and bowden extruder with 1,75mm filament... don't know if any of these could finish in that error... Still working around
July 03, 2014 08:14PM
What kind of extruder are you running specifically? It really sounds like the extruder isn't smoothly extruding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2014 08:16PM by MrBaz.
July 04, 2014 03:37AM
The extruder is the RIchrap's 3DR default one (I think it's a modification of Greg's one) with a Nema 17 stepper motor:

Do you think it may be the problem? or maybe the hotend?
July 04, 2014 10:35AM
Tell us more about the hotend, por favor

July 04, 2014 12:53PM
I had a similar problem, and it was a stepper motor that was overheating. I now have a fan on my steppers, and that resolved the problem.
July 10, 2014 08:46AM
Thanks for your answers guys.

I have tried new things but it's still printing the same way...

@MrDoctorDIV: I bought the hotend in eBay to a UK based store, it's a supposed to be a MKV 0,4mm and 1,75mm filament. I setup it as bowden, closeup picture:

@chewbaccah: I have a pretty big fan covering the stepper drivers (could they be not working properly?) and I'll try with a fan directly to the extruder stepper but touching it while printing it doesn't seem to be the issue. What I have noticed in all steppers is that they emit a little vibration when moving, I don't know if that's normal or it should not be appreciable when touching them... I also have noticed that the filament sometimes jumps, I mean, the stepper works perfectly but seems that the pressure in the extruder or filament guide makes the extruder feeder to "eat" the filament...

Any clue?
July 16, 2014 12:02PM
No new ideas?
July 24, 2014 09:45PM
i have a similar problem on my 3dr . but not this bad though .. it appears on thin wall vases .. The problem seem to be the j-head. Although mine is a good j-head clone ( same specs ) but i suspect it is still not upto the mark.. I ended up changing the extruder drive gear with the mk7 drive gear which works perfectly on my mendelmax. BUt still the problem persists. My next move will be to replace the j-head with my e3d derivative ...

i think the j-head you have is a clone and could be the problem. I had another clone j-head which was pathetic and eventually went to the bin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login