Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calibration

Posted by Setesh 
Calibration
June 25, 2014 03:40PM
So everything on my reprap is moving and working in pronterface. The problem I am having is my x axis barely moves at all when I tell it to move by 1 and when I tell it to move by 10 or 100 the motor just vibrates and doesn't move at all I have tried just ramping up the numbers on arduino for the x axis doesn't make a difference! Other then that my Y axis is fine as well as the spindle. I am thinking this has something to do with calibration and the programming on arduino but its all foreign to me. Thank you.
Re: Calibration
June 25, 2014 04:54PM
Difficult to tell, but it sounds more to me like you haven't set your drivers to the proper current setting. I don't know what electronics you have, but your stepper drivers usually have a small trimmer potentiometer which you have to adjust for your motors. The typical starting point is to turn them all the way down (CCW) and then back up about 1/4 turn, and adjust from there. If you leave them too low, your motor will miss steps. If you set them too high, things will start to get VERY hot. If it's at ANY value other than the correct setting, your motor will not operate properly.
Re: Calibration
March 02, 2015 05:41PM
Hello,

I was wondering if you have resolved this issue. I'm having a similar problem on all my axes so I'd be interested to know. That is, manual movement when I click 0.1 and 1 (though the distance they move is bigger) and just vibrating when I move by 10 or 100.

Best regards,
Ming-Hua
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login