Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

layer shift in y axis

Posted by zahmed 
layer shift in y axis
April 18, 2014 02:35PM
some times when the z axis has to move more than an inch in a particular job, the print shifts one two layers to left or right. i face no problem in smaller project.

kindly review this picture, iam holding the print right side up

what do you think is the problem

Attachments:
open | download - t7.jpg (198.2 KB)
Re: layer shift in y axis
April 19, 2014 12:51AM
no help ? anyone ?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
April 19, 2014 10:44PM
I am having a similar issue. Mine is more consistent, but it is the y direction. The print just starts to slant along the y-axis. Not sure if there is a similar fix but I will watch this thread to see.

Here is a picture where you can somewhat see what I'm talking about. This is just a slight sway, but sometimes its more pronounced.

April 20, 2014 05:06AM
Slack belt or slipping pulley?

April 21, 2014 04:23AM
logiwan992
I am having a similar issue. Mine is more consistent, but it is the y direction. The print just starts to slant along the y-axis. Not sure if there is a similar fix but I will watch this thread to see.

Here is a picture where you can somewhat see what I'm talking about. This is just a slight sway, but sometimes its more pronounced.

for your problem, you need to vary temperature, assumed this is ABS if first layer is with 240C the remaining layers should be extruded with a temperature of 220 - 225 ! this should fix your problems, if this doesnt help then check the level of your bed
April 23, 2014 06:23PM
zahmed
logiwan992

for your problem, you need to vary temperature, assumed this is ABS if first layer is with 240C the remaining layers should be extruded with a temperature of 220 - 225 ! this should fix your problems, if this doesnt help then check the level of your bed

Wow this fixed the problem completely. Just printed out that ring again and it looks great. Thanks so much for the help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login