Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nylon (Taulman 618) issue

Posted by seb_reunion 
Nylon (Taulman 618) issue
April 18, 2014 01:44AM
Hi,

I try printing with the taulman 618 nylon i just got.

Following Taulman webSite advice and all the nylon 3d printing litterature i found on the web, i try to print this delamination test suggest by taulman.

The print went pretty good except 3 issues.
  • First

The nylon seems to be subject to horizontal warping (don't know if this term is appropriate...). The print is in fact a 6 thin walls object.

I print it @240°, full heat kapton bed (up to 90°, can't go hotter on my tricolor), 0.3 nozzle, 0.2 layer height, 1 perimeter, 30 mm speed, 10mm retraction, no fan.

What i call horizontal warping is that the wall seem to become concave, either toward the inside or the outside of the print.

See here

The bottom wall is not flat. It bends towards the inside of the print. Other walls are concerned but you can't see it in this picture.

You can see another angle on the upper left wall :

• Second

The delamination isn't quite good. You can see it in the above pictures. The overall strengh of the print is good (especially parallel to the layer) but i can easily separate each layer.

• Third

As you can see in this picture, the print is sort of translucid. It's nice but it's not homogeneous. There is some "white less translucid" blob dispatch everywhere. Is it some air bubble ?

Thank you all for any lead to improve those nylon print relative to the warping, the delamination and the overall quality.

Maybe i print at wrong temp, too fast...

I will try to dry the nylon in hoven, even if the packet was sealed and comes with desicant, it will maybe improve the quality issue. I don't think it will do anything regarding the delamination.

Seb
Re: Nylon (Taulman 618) issue
May 15, 2014 02:28PM
Definitely try printing hotter, around 250C is normal for nylon.

Through self sustaining actions comes freedom

DIY Tech Shop
Re: Nylon (Taulman 618) issue
May 15, 2014 03:04PM
I had similar problems with 618 and wasn't able to solve them. Taulman Bridge did the job.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login