Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Aligning Dual Extruders?

Posted by Chapster5 
Aligning Dual Extruders?
April 12, 2014 01:18PM
Anyone any tips how to get my dual extruders the exact same height as each other. When I bought the machine one extruder was pushed further up than the other for shipping. The guys sent me a link to adjust the height but he's Chinese and doesn't speak good English.

Any help would be appreciated smiling smiley

Thank you.
Re: Aligning Dual Extruders?
April 12, 2014 07:40PM
My first thought would be to use feeler gauges to determine how far off they are from each other, then using either shims, or just paper (which is about .002" thick) cut it out with a hole in the middle to allow the filament through, then place that between the extruder and housing.
April 13, 2014 08:16AM
I also use paper to shim my dual extruders. I use pieces of paper between i3's carriage and linear bushing, effectively tilting the extruder body a tiny amount.
April 13, 2014 04:24PM
I actually never thought of shimming them from the back of the extruder lol shall give it a go cheers!!
April 14, 2014 09:04AM
Align one xtruder close to the bed using the paper method. Then loosen the second extruder and pull it down a bit.
Place a piece of paper under it and home the Z axis. The table will push the extruder into the right position after which you can fasten it.
April 14, 2014 09:07AM
I can only home all the Axis at once which obviously moves the print head back into the corner and then moves the bed up to home position.
April 14, 2014 03:07PM
Most host software has buttons to home each individual axis. If yours doesn't, bring up the G Code window (hopefully your host software has this) and enter the command "G28 Z0" to home just the Z axis.
April 15, 2014 04:09PM
I stumbled upon this item [www.thingiverse.com]. Perhaps it will help? I don't have dual extruders setup yet, but I do plan on it in the future.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login