Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Importing g-code

Posted by hsteven7 
Importing g-code
April 08, 2014 06:23PM
Hi there,

My senior design group is working on a 3D bioprinter, and we purchased a Sainsmart Kit for our electronics. We are using Marlin firmware on our device, and are have had a few issues with importing our g-code and 'printing.'

We are able to control all of the motors individually in the 'move axis' mode, but when we attempt to run a print from the LCD the same thing happens every time. First the X motor spins for a few seconds, and stops. Then the Y motor moves for a few seconds, and stops. Then the Z motor spins for a minute or so until we hit the end stops. We played around with the distance/step and all this does is change the speed of the motors. After this our fan turns on and stays on while the % next to SD goes up to 100%. All this time the counter begins counting the number of minutes passing by.

A few noteworthy things about our design you should know is that we are not using the heated plate in the kit at all, and we have not yet hooked up an extruder motor to our board. We are using Slic3r to generate our G-code and have played around some with our print settings, but haven't been successful.

Anyone have any ideas to what we should try next?
Re: Importing g-code
April 08, 2014 09:28PM
What kind of configuration have you done for Marlin? have you configured the steps per revolution? [calculator.josefprusa.cz] is a great resource. The other resource I got a lot of help from is the calibration too [reprap.org]

First though, try uploading your gcode here: [gcode.joewalnes.com]

You also have to configure slic3r a bit.

Hope this helps!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2014 09:28PM by bilsch.
Re: Importing g-code
April 10, 2014 03:11PM
We tried changing our steps/rev on the LCD screen, not in Marlin. Also, we don't really know the acceleration settings that would be ideal for us. Thanks for these though. I will take a look at them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login