Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help setting up a new printer

Posted by Eqpirate07 
Re: Help setting up a new printer
April 13, 2014 04:58PM
The jumpers get put onto the headers that are under each of your stepsticks. This will make your stepsticks perform at 1/16 microsteps.
If you look at this image:

You can see the black jumpers installed under where the stepsticks go.

Here is Prusa's Calculator which will help in getting your initial steps.

To give a quick help on your steppers, they are all going to be 1.8° steppers, and your pulley tooth count is 20. You have GT2 belts.
April 18, 2014 01:57PM
So I believe I am almost done calibrating. I have my bed leveling and I just starting doing a test print on this 5mm calibration cube 5 mm cube. I started the print without any filament in the printer just to make sure that it would work. The x and y axes are moving around like crazy as it should, but the z-axis is stuck at the top. When i started the print, the z-axes made this high pitched noise and did not move and just stayed at the top. Is the acceration at the start for the z-axis too high? Or does my printer not know that the home for z-axis is actually way up top? Any help would be great!

-Jake

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2014 01:58PM by Eqpirate07.
April 18, 2014 02:22PM
I just edited some things in the firmware changing the size of the print area, so now the printer wont move outside of the print area even if I tell it to from pronterface. Then i tried printing again and when I press the print button, it homes, then the z-axis makes that damned noise again!
April 18, 2014 03:40PM
Eqpirate07: I am at a loss. It has to be something that you recently changed as six days ago you had a homing video posted.

It may be too late for this, but every time that I have a completely working, or as in the beginning a working up to that point, version of the firmware, I make a complete directory backup so that I have that point set and can revert back to it if something goes wrong.

Go back over the last few things that you have done, check your cable connections and endstops again. Perhaps something worked loose, or if the printer was moved or I am just tossing ideas and don't really have a clue...
April 30, 2014 09:45PM
i had the same problem with my z achsis when i build my first printer!

1.) check if you jumpered MS1, MS2, MS3 to set it to 1/16 stepping (after that, my printers z achsis moved without stucking)

2.) you need to calibrate the voltage on the stepper motor drivers!
maybe your motors get not enugh power to move and on the z achsis you have 2 motors on 1 stepper motor driver.
(could also be the reason why you could not move the other motors faster without noise)

3.) check if motors are moving if you disconnect it from any load.
maybe something is blocking one motor, if one blocks also the second often dont move.

hope it helps..

br.
hari

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2014 09:46PM by ooxtcoo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login