Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin FW - Printing offset by 10mm on X&Y - Autobed Leveling Used

Posted by TAZ427 
Marlin FW - Printing offset by 10mm on X&Y - Autobed Leveling Used
April 02, 2014 12:17PM
I've got a MakerFarm Prusa i3 w/ Marlin FW on RAMPS board.

I updated the FW to the latest w/ Autobed Leveling and the bed leveling is working fine, but I'm now having problems with large prints (specifically trying to do one that is 204mm w/ Brim on the Y axis.)

I used Cura and have set the Machine dimensions to (195, 205, 185) - Note that the 195 is because the servo motor hits the X motor bracket at about 198mm mark. Note: I updated the Marlin FW w/ these machine dimensions as well.

Cura outputs code whose Y travel goes from -1.41 to 202.28 and X travel from 15.35 to 175.55 - These are the tip points on the brim for the print. Printing it started at about 8mm on the Y-axis (measured) and there was enough belt give not to cause a motor jump and go a little beyond the end of the platform when it physically deadended. And the X axis started at about 25mm instead of 15.35.

I never measured these before this point as the items were sufficiently centered and I didn't have an issue.

Note I checked the Endstops (they are on the 0,0 for X,Y) and the head lines up right on the edge of the heatbed glass on both X and Y.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login