Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing issues

Posted by Trexter67 
Printing issues
April 01, 2014 01:09AM
Problem 1, once my hotend reaches temp, it cools back down to room temperature. Is this normal?
Problem 2, I heat my hotend and once the print starts it again starts to drop back to room temperature. What can I do to stop this?
Re: Printing issues
April 01, 2014 01:56PM
do you have the proper temps set inside your slicing program?
April 01, 2014 02:49PM
I set them to zero so that the temperature is controlled by the output (pronterface)
April 01, 2014 03:26PM
and that is the problem. you need to have the temp set in the slicer program. you can still adjust during the print, but as of now you are shutting off the hotend and heatbead.
April 02, 2014 01:32PM
I tried adjusting that last night. Once I sliced it again I tried to print and nothing happened. It just kept giving me the temp. read out over and over. So I tried to re-upload the sprinter program and when trying to adjust that it starting giving me errors and now my printer won't connect so I'm just gonna re-install all the programming to the arduino and hope it works
April 03, 2014 03:26AM
cat.farmer
and that is the problem. you need to have the temp set in the slicer program. you can still adjust during the print, but as of now you are shutting off the hotend and heatbead.

Well you don't need to have the temp set in the slicer program. They can be controlled manually as Trexter has done. The problem is caused by something else. Let's see what happens after he has re-loaded everything.

April 03, 2014 02:11PM
waitaki

Well you don't need to have the temp set in the slicer program. They can be controlled manually as Trexter has done. The problem is caused by something else. Let's see what happens after he has re-loaded everything.
True, i did know that, but it was an easy test to see if that was the cause.
April 06, 2014 10:00PM
Well fellas, I downloaded a fresh, un-altered sprinter file and that seemed to fix the issues. Thanks you guys
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login