Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y axis displaced 3mm after printng for 5hrs of 6.5hr prt

Posted by monaro 
Y axis displaced 3mm after printng for 5hrs of 6.5hr prt
March 23, 2014 01:13AM
Hi guys,

I'm having a funny problem with my print. I have ran the same print twice and both times it has failed at line 74. The problem is it moves 3mm on the y axis. I am using repetier and slic3r. if you look at pic 2, you can see that it finishes the top of one area on the previous layer. Also what is strange is the side is flattened off once it starts printing after layer 74. I have saved the gcode and opened it in {gcode viewer} and it looks fine. The print is very close to the limits on my printer. Hope someone can help as I have already printed 2 x 5.5hrs with fails. Cheers
Attachments:
open | download - Top.PNG (371.4 KB)
open | download - Pic 2.PNG (580.3 KB)
open | download - Left.PNG (338.2 KB)
open | download - Right.PNG (393.5 KB)
Re: Y axis displaced 3mm after printng for 5hrs of 6.5hr prt
March 23, 2014 05:14PM
You are dropping steps, it's just coincidental that it's happened twice at the same layer.

If you are not using Z-lift, set it to twice your layer height, and drop your extrusion multiplier by .01 or .02.
March 24, 2014 04:48AM
Hi Steve, thanks for your advice. I changed my slicer settings as recomended, Z-lift to 0.4 and multiplier to 0.98. When I started the print the extruder was to far from the build plate. I changed them back and it is all normal again? is there something else I should also set? Cheers
March 24, 2014 08:56AM
Just lower your first layer height a little in your slicer settings.
March 27, 2014 06:48AM
I found the same problem when switch from PLA to ABS. Look under your hot bed! I've found that my belt tensioner under hot bed just going soft and spend some belt teeth : )))) it's printed in PLA.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login