Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PLA print issues

Posted by Thelontin 
PLA print issues
March 22, 2014 12:04PM
hi there, been working with my reprap for a while and have been getting some really good results with the white abs i started on.

however i recently switched over to a glow in the dark blue pla, i did the usual things like purge the nozzle and the like but it seems that i cant get better results than this .

ive tried varying the temperature of the nozzle, about to try a bit hotter but i figured i might try to get some help here, ive gotten some decent results with white pla back in Australia with this printer but nothing i do seems to work here. slower speeds dont seem to do much but ive been getting at least very good bed adhesion on the first layer.

notes on print settings

first layer height - 0.15mm
layers after - 0.2mm

print speed
perimiters - 30mm/s
infill 50mm/s

temperature
first layer - 180
other layers - 175
Re: PLA print issues
March 25, 2014 04:42AM
I think you are printing too cold, try 185 at least for the layers after the first. Normally I print at 190 to 195.
March 25, 2014 09:51AM
I recommend printing higher than that, at least 200 or above. Why is your first layer shorter than the rest, it is usually the opposite?
March 25, 2014 11:12AM
got it to work, many thanks, ended up printing at 210 and 200 respectively.

i've been getting better bed adhesion with a short first layer. may be just for my printer but who knows, slowly testing out more variables.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login