Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do I fix this sloppy print?

Posted by cubedude76 
How do I fix this sloppy print?
March 18, 2014 01:27AM
I have my printer set up and im trying to fine tune it to get the same quality this guy got in his tutorial (like 2/3 down the page). [richrap.blogspot.com]
I included the setting used in slic3r in the last 2 photos. I dont know what to say about the prints other than they are sloppy. i dont really know what is causing the problem. if i print something that goes straight up the layers are aligned perfectly. I am using 3 mm PLA filament heated to 185 C. if you need any other info i can provide it.
Attachments:
open | download - 3d print.jpg (556.7 KB)
open | download - 3d print 2.jpg (528.1 KB)
open | download - Untitled-1.jpg (216.2 KB)
open | download - pic.jpg (221.2 KB)
Re: How do I fix this sloppy print?
March 18, 2014 03:47AM
Why don't you try using a later version of Slic3r?

March 18, 2014 07:19AM
you'll need good cooling when using PLA and overhang / bridging. Try installing a large fan near the printbed, this should help.
And it doesn't seem like you got the extruder properly calibrated, the filament shouldn't be added in cylindrical shape but a bit more flattened (less like sausages, more like flat lines).
March 18, 2014 09:29PM
What temp is youre extruder set to? Mine looks like that when it is too high
March 20, 2014 11:42AM
ok I think i fixed the alignment issue with a new version of slicer but im getting lots of strings across the part. I have the reverse distance on the extruder set to 2.5 mm and the temp lowered from 185 to 175 and I made sure a fan was blowing on the part and im still getting strings!
March 21, 2014 09:10PM
You didn't say what type of printer or extruder system you have. With a long Bowden tube and geared extruder, 4.5mm retraction and 100mm/second retraction speed fixed most of my string problem in Cura. I'm still not 100% dialed in yet, though.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login