Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print Problems! Please Help - Advice etc. (STILL NO LUCK)

Posted by pelo13 
Print Problems! Please Help - Advice etc. (STILL NO LUCK)
February 19, 2014 06:44AM
Hello to all reprapers!

After a long reading follow tutorial instructions etc. and a lot of small peaces printed almost perfect I thought that time has come to print some prusa i3 parts for my next project ... But i though wrong .. after of 9,5 hours of printing i get the results in the picture below.. Please any suggestions it will be helpful ...

Picture 1 : after almost 5-6 hours i lose a step (my stepper driver 'pololu alike' is all setup to 4V exactly and the belts, bed etc. is all calibrated and stiff ) and ruining my print ..
Picture 2: rough edge external perimeter .. in small part prints i have never this problem why now?
Picture 3: Top solid layer is not solid ..i have setup my slic3r in 4 solid layers ( i have try with 2 or 3 solid layers but i get the same result )

My printer is a Reprap prusa i3 with PEEK GF30 HotEnd and i use 1.75mm filament with 0.5mm nozzle.
I have the Megatronics V2 board and i slice with Slic3r and print with pronterface..
I do not use Heated bed and cooling ..except one small fun to hot end's body.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2014 03:08PM by pelo13.
Attachments:
open | download - P1020128.jpg (197.2 KB)
Re: Print Problems! Please Help - Advice etc.
February 20, 2014 12:19AM
Any solution? anyone???
February 20, 2014 01:56AM
Hi,
what Material and Temperature are you using? I see a lot of blobs which are maybe temperature or moisture related. In the beginning I had lost steps caused by warping or curling parts. Espacially on overhangs and printed holes. Are you sure you are not overextruding? Thin Wall object calibrated?

Manu
February 20, 2014 10:50AM
Hello Manu!

I am using PLA in 195c ... as you can see in the above photos i manage to almost eliminate the blobs ( i change filament from other supplier and lower the temp from 205 to 195c ...i don't know what helps the most ..the new filament or the temp) But in single part print .. when i print more than one parts in my bed there the problems begin.
Now from my last post i have put fans in my motors lower the motor acceleration and the print speed a bit and i manage to make 3 print with single parts in the bed without lose any steps!! .. yet i don't know what helps either.

I had overextruding but i thing i have manage to fix that ... in single parts print i don't have almost any problem .. maybe a little bit more tweaking it will help but i don't know the exact procedure for that .. i tweak only the retraction length on Slic3r i don't know if the is better way to eliminate the overextruding.... what exactly is the thin wall object calibration??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2014 11:00AM by pelo13.
Attachments:
open | download - pic1.jpg (192 KB)
open | download - pic2.jpg (175.3 KB)
Re: Print Problems! Please Help - Advice etc. (STILL NO LUCK)
February 20, 2014 03:10PM
an i think i have solve my problem... again after almost 2 hours of print i lost another step

any advice??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2014 03:12PM by pelo13.
February 22, 2014 05:10PM
The problem still remains .. i have make all known corrections i have read here and there.. but no luck ..

February 23, 2014 02:36PM
Did you tuned your Vref of your Steppers? Do you cool the stepper drivers? Seems it only appears on long prints!?

Manu
February 23, 2014 03:04PM
i have done it all .. no is not appears on long prints .. appears randomly .. maybe in the first 10 min maybe after 2-3 hours and maybe at all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2014 03:04PM by pelo13.
February 24, 2014 03:26AM
maybe one of the pulleys is slipping on the axle of the motor. Try putting a drop of cyanacrylat (glue) on them, and mark the position with an edding or something. Then you can see if it has slipped a bit.
February 24, 2014 04:17AM
What Acceleration do you have for X/Y? The Marlin Standard of 9000 was way to high for me, actually I am using Acc. of 800.

Manu
February 24, 2014 12:54PM
stahlsau
maybe one of the pulleys is slipping on the axle of the motor. Try putting a drop of cyanacrylat (glue) on them, and mark the position with an edding or something. Then you can see if it has slipped a bit.

Ill try that ..

Protoprinter
What Acceleration do you have for X/Y? The Marlin Standard of 9000 was way to high for me, actually I am using Acc. of 800.

Manu

Ill try that too

Maybe there is the problem..
February 26, 2014 11:05AM
Why not buy real drivers, they are only $10-$13 a piece.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login