Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Big problem, intermittent bad chugging?

Posted by AVRkire 
Big problem, intermittent bad chugging?
April 19, 2013 02:47PM
Hey everyone, I have a relatively new mendelmax. I have done about 30 or so prints, and my last 3 have had serious issues.

I really cannot fully explain it, so I am including a link to two videos from my drop box.

Essentially, it will be running perfectly, and all the sudden start completely chugging along, and then repeat back to normal, and back and forth.

I am using slic3r and printing from pronterface.

I cannot pinpoint it to any one location, it happens in different areas, at different times.

If anyone has any ideas of what I can look into, or what I can do, I would really appreciate it.

Here are the links.

[dl.dropboxusercontent.com]

[dl.dropboxusercontent.com]
Re: Big problem, intermittent bad chugging?
April 19, 2013 10:09PM
Try reducing Printerface to mini-mode, it works every time my machine does this. It only seems to happen when the print is full of small moves.
Re: Big problem, intermittent bad chugging?
April 20, 2013 01:40PM
Thanks! I figured it was software related, since it was only happening on certain prints.

I had wanted to try Repetier host, and I am not having that problem with the exact same G-code through Repetier host.

I actually like repetier better so far, if I go back, I will give the mini mode a shot, thanks for the help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login