Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vas, bumps and cracks

Posted by herisuprapto 
Vas, bumps and cracks
February 17, 2013 04:07AM
Hi,

Sorry if I do not exactly use those words. I am trying to print a vase with a smaller scale, height 5 cm, such as at this address [www.thingiverse.com]. The two images (left and center) there is a kind of, what it's called, cracks. Rightmost picture, I felt 'cracks' that can be lost after making a 2 mm thick, but it remains there as a bulge.

I use the printer Huxley, pronterface, the existing settings which Huxley-PLA-05-03. Is it possible to 'crack and bulge' is gone?

I asked for help from you guys, thank you.

Regards,
Heri
Attachments:
open | download - 1.jpg (247.6 KB)
Re: Vas, bumps and cracks
February 17, 2013 01:47PM
Those prints look very nice, congratulations-except for the small flaw you are asking about.
I have a similar issue, let me guess- is it only on the one side that is printed first after the z move? My test cube was showing that because the extruder was oozing during the z move, leaving a bulge and then when it went to print the first side afterwards, it was short on plastic but would recover within about 10-15mm. I am trying to figure out how skeinforge oozebane can be adjusted to correct this myself. I could use some help with this one also.
February 18, 2013 07:46AM
Thank you very much, your guess is appropriate at all, it was only on one side and at z moves up the hole spacing is also about 10-15mm, I think you understand more about it.

I did not turn oozebane because I do not understand what it was used for, can you help me?

Heri
February 19, 2013 05:01AM
If you slow the printer down (to say 20 seconds per layer) does the problem go away?
February 20, 2013 12:39PM
Sorry I do not know .... How to slow it down? Is a way to enable oozebane ....
February 21, 2013 05:25AM
In skeinforge you need to enable the "cool" function to set a minimum layer time, (Suprisingly it's under the cool tab) you want to do this even if you do try oozebane. I don't know much about oozebane, but I know you can get lovely prints without it!
February 21, 2013 01:46PM
Thank you konwiddak and you are very right, I've used the Minimum Layer Time: 6 seconds, by far the settings right. The result as shown in this photo attachments, the hole has been closed, but the other side to be like, what it's called, is not clean.

There may be other settings related to the 'cool' that can fix it?
Attachments:
open | download - 6 s.jpg (143.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login