Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot get object to print! Help!

Posted by mortinus 
Cannot get object to print! Help!
February 08, 2013 05:04AM
Hello all,
I'm running a makerbot replicator dual with sailfish firmware.
I use a micrometer to level my bed platform after doing a clearance check on one corner, and am printing with ABS @ 225C, heated bed @ 105C.

I have had hundreds of successful prints at these settings, but recently I cannot get large objects to print propertly. It's really infuriating as I've nearly torn the unit down for maintenance on the following; nozzles, extruder gear feed system, lubed rails, checked nozzle clearance between both nozzles, etc. Leveled and re-leveled platform dozens of times. Always at full-heat...so far, no success. I'm at about 10 fails. As this is for an actual job I accepted, this isn't good.

The odd thing to me is how random it seems to fail..but how shoddy the first layer always. I've tried messing with the perimeter speed settings, also to no avail.

The thing that had the most success was adjusting the shell # and the infill %. But to me, this really shouldn't matter..I should be able to print at 50% or solid without it affecting end quality that greatly.
I've attached a ton of pics of all the various fails. The only reason some letters printed further was me babysitting the printer and manually jamming the filament into the extrusion chamber the second it failed. sad smiley

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Pics:

[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]

P.S
I also switched from my cheapo filament to my makerbot stock filament..it seems to be a tiny bit better initial quality but..still fails.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2013 05:06AM by mortinus.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login