Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Infill perimeter gaps

Posted by Spk64 
Infill perimeter gaps
February 02, 2013 11:26AM
Has anyone seen an issue with the infill leaving gaps on the inner perimeters?
Outer perimeter is perfect.
Printing ABS using latest Slicer.

Thanks,
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (104.4 KB)
Re: Infill perimeter gaps
February 03, 2013 08:35PM
Yes, The last time I saw that one the resolution was to increase perimeter overlap.
It looks like your infill overlap is not high enough over your perimeters. It may be an unfortunate number rounding issue for that direction/case on infill. The rest of the fill to perimeters look like they are just touching- but fine. Skeinforge has a setting for that, I cannot remember about Slic3r.
I only used slic3r for a little while until I got to the point in my machine calibration where I wanted more control. But you go from like 20 settings to like 100, so a little good and bad- mostly good, but more work. smiling smiley
February 04, 2013 05:50PM
@Spk64

I had the same problem with the latest Slic3r.

You can get better thin wall infill if you manually set the default extrusion width to be equal to the nozzle diameter under print settings\advanced\default extrusion width.

It is also relative to your nozzle diameter and wall thickness. Example not accounting for overlap, if you have a 1.4 mm wall and a .5mm nozzle, the perimeter would be 2x.5=1 mm leaving .4 mm that is too small to fill with a .5mm nozzle.

Credit to Dirty Steve for helping me out with this one when I was butting my head against it.
February 05, 2013 06:01PM
I think this may have been a backlash issue. Tightened up my x axis belt and the inner fill now looks good all the way around.
February 21, 2013 03:06PM
Hi Spk64

Did you solve your problem? Was it backlash? I think that I have the same problem. Please see the attached image. Can you help?

Thanks

James
Attachments:
open | download - PIC000026-2.jpg (607.8 KB)
February 21, 2013 11:03PM
Backlash did seem to be part of my problem. Loose belt. Other item I found is my filament was running small into the spool. Made an adjustment for that and seems to be better now.
February 22, 2013 09:39AM
Thanks Spk64

Tightening the x-axis belt partially solved my problem too. Also for anyone else who finds themselves with the same problem, my belt was rubbing against the mudguard washer as well. I moved the bearing it out a little using a couple more washers and my problem was solved.

Cheers

James
February 24, 2013 01:53PM
I also found another problem when commissioning my new printer. The steps per mm was not correct by the calculations. I switched to a set of herringbone and was checking the numbers, they were off on my old printer.
New printer is doing great with correct numbers, my X & Y was also a little.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login