Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing issue!

Posted by epiteszsrac21 
Printing issue!
December 10, 2012 05:30PM
Dear Rep Rapers !!!

I've got a MENDEL PRUSA. It works fine still i try to import an object from ( Archicad or Rhinoceros 3d ) The export works fine and I can open the *.stl files in Replicator-G. The preview window is show me the correct view which I want to hold in my hand after print but it seems like the printer somehow flip the objects. The exemple files which are inbuild the program are work fine. Have somene ever met same problem ?? Please help.

Bazsi
Re: Printing issue!
December 10, 2012 08:20PM
sounds like you have an axis reversed. You should swap the motor wiring for one axis so it moves the other way, and move the endstop to the other side of that axis. If you can't be bothered to do this, you can do what I did in the past, and flip stuff in openscad with a file like:

mirror([1,0,0]){import("blah.stl");}
December 10, 2012 09:14PM
Thanks for the quick answer!

So If I understand correctly For exemple I flip the X axis motor wiring and the X endstop put the another side. It's no matter which axes will be flipped? Or somehow it should be think out? because I think the Y axis move the correct way.

And please write me how could I input this file and where?
I write this line into a notepad and copy that script somewhere?
December 10, 2012 09:16PM
I don't think it matters what axis you flip, since if you have both flipped, you'll just rotate the object 180 degrees, which doesn't matter. I'd just flip the easiest one. If you want to use the script, you need to download a program called openscad, then run the text with that.
December 13, 2012 05:19PM
Thank you for your HELP !!

It solved my problem. smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login