Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem Reloading Filament During Print

Posted by aboforever 
Problem Reloading Filament During Print
November 30, 2012 09:03AM
Hi all,

I'm trying to reload the filament during print on pronterface. What I do is I pause the print -> move Z up by 10mm -> reverse the feed to get the remaining filament out -> extrude to get the new roll in -> then move the Z down back by 10mm, hit resume. However it does not work as this causes the extruder motor to back all my materials out before resuming all the print movements. How do I fix that? How would you guys reload the prints?

It was weird because this method was actually working until now. And it wouldn't work anymore.

Thanks for your help!
Re: Problem Reloading Filament During Print
November 30, 2012 11:25AM
Something to do about the extruder coordiante changing if you extrude out and back in using software.

You should whether turn the extruder manually, or use some gcodes to print out the current extruder axis coordinate just after pausing and set it back to that value before unpausing.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Re: Problem Reloading Filament During Print
November 30, 2012 11:58PM
I have the same problem before I understand what marlin/pronterface waiting.

I thing you reversing some millimeters (example: 20mm), and after you extruding 50mm for have some filament goes outside the nozzle. So I don't know if it's a marlin/pronterface waiting but when you push resume, I will immediatelly reverse 30mm of filament (50mm - 20mm).

So the solution for me was to reverse filament about 100mm (you can put less, but you need to do enougth empty reverse feed), and after put EXACTLY the same manuall extrude length. And HOURRA !!!! :-D

I hope you have understand what I say. And it's will work for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login