Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sometimes strange start Extruder

Posted by djdeeno31 
Sometimes strange start Extruder
October 02, 2017 06:11AM
Hello everyone,

I have a strange problem thats sometimes come up, not always.

Normally before starting the print, when the extruder is heated, he spits a small amount of file on the bedside home location and then he going to print.

But sometimes, if the extruder is at temperature, he does not spit any file anymore, but the engine turns 5 to 8 seconds on the other side, leaving the file no longer sufficiently fed when starting the print.

Does anyone have an idea of ​​this? It does not always happen, but certainly after 5 times 10 times.
Solution often takes a few minutes to restart the PC and turn the printer powerless.

Printer K8200
Windows 7
Repieter host 2.01
Slicer version 1.2.9

Hope for a response …
Re: Sometimes strange start Extruder
October 03, 2017 01:34PM
When you slice a file to create a *.gcode file, what are you commands when the print is finished?

It sounds like it could be that you instruct the printer to retract the filament by too much after a print is finished, say 20 or more mm. Then when you start a next print there is no filament in the extruder.

In any case, just feed some filament through the extruder (once it is properly heated) before you start a print, this way every print will at least start a success. Also, you could just make the printer
print a few skirt layers, this way filament will be extruded by the time the print starts.

Also note that if this is the case your extruder could get blocked and you can be lucky it has not happened yet (which make me think my assumption is wrong and my post will not help you at all).

Good luck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login