Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Change the space in between each pass of plastic?

Posted by cameronm 
Change the space in between each pass of plastic?
August 05, 2012 12:57AM
Hello, how do you change the space in between each pass of plastic laid down? As in the picture attached. Does this have to do with the amount of plastic extruded? Or is this another issue. I am able to fix it when I change the diameter of the filament, it makes the prints very smooth compared to the picture attached. But it does not seem like it would be a proper way to fix it. I would like it to be able to fix it in firmware, any suggestions?

Thank you very much,

Cameron
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20120804_210759.jpg (511.2 KB)
Re: Change the space in between each pass of plastic?
August 05, 2012 07:55AM
Is this the first layer? It looks like it. I don't think your problem is so much that the extrusions are too close together but more that you are extruding too much plastic. There are two likely reasons for this: -

Have you calibrated your extruder? Check that when you tell it to extrude 30mm of stock filament, that this is what it does.

The other thing that can cause this bunching is having the print head too close to the bed for the first layer. To set up my bed height, i keep printing first layers and try to set the end stop to eliminate this bunching.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
August 05, 2012 07:05PM
Yeah I think it is that I have my print head to close to the bed. And the fact that I am not using springs on my bed it needs a little more leveling. I am going to correct the level issue and see how that helps.

Thank you,

Cameron
August 08, 2012 06:34PM
I believe my problem was with slic3r 0.8.4. My problem is now fixed with slic3r 0.9.0.

Cameron
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login