Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Solved]Problems with shell layers not sitting on each other

Posted by ne7rag3 
[Solved]Problems with shell layers not sitting on each other
June 02, 2012 01:39PM
I'm having a problem with the sides of my objects sticking together. As far as I can tell the infill is depositing extra material when it changes direction and the shell layers are then sitting on top of the extra material. I'm using Slic3r 0.7.2b, and Sprinter firmware. Any ideas for fixing this? I posted a picture of some of my sample cubes.

Thank you in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2012 02:28AM by ne7rag3.
Attachments:
open | download - printProblem_small.jpg (350 KB)
Re: Problems with shell layers not sitting on each other
June 02, 2012 03:55PM
What temperature/material/speed?

If it's depositing too much material, you probably have your esteps set incorrectly in the firmware.
June 02, 2012 03:58PM
If those are 20mm x 20mm x 10mm cubes you have the Z steps per mm twice what is needed. If its a 10mm x 10mm x 10mm cube you will need to start the calibration over again because it could be a number of different things.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
June 02, 2012 05:52PM
it's a 20 x 20 x 20 mm cube, 230C, ABS, 60 mm/s. the actual measurements are 20 x 20 x 20.
June 02, 2012 05:59PM
ne7rag3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it's a 20 x 20 x 20 mm cube, 230C, ABS, 60 mm/s.
> the actual measurements are 20 x 20 x 20.

Did you model it yourself? The 20mm cube included in a lot of calibration packs is 20mm x 20mm x 10mm that is why I ask. It would explain your print perfectly.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
June 02, 2012 07:10PM
Well crap. Seems that is is only 10mm high, it is the 20mmbox.stl file. I guess I just always assumed that is was a cube and my calibration values were close to what other people were using, so I didn't bother checking the height.

Thank you very much for your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login