Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bunch of problems with PLA

Posted by eniq1on 
Re: Bunch of problems with PLA
September 23, 2012 01:22PM
Everything else works still ok but PLA wont stick into glass or kapton or anything.

I'll get best result with kapton, first layer bed 75c and extruder 195, other layers 55-65 and 185. After few layers some corner gets little up and then extruder takes it fully off. OR if part dont have any sharp edges it may stick until layer 10 or something.

I'v tried to use hair spray to get better grip but it didnt help.

I'll bet this PLA is fucked up...angry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smiley
September 23, 2012 01:26PM
I get the same problems when the humidity is high. I ended up putting an air conditioner in the room my machine is. A dehumidifier might work too.
November 01, 2012 02:49AM
No i tried again after... 5weeks. Somehow now prints succes 80% of time. Dunno what was the problem. I think humidity wasnt my problem cause its pretty wet here now. ^^
November 05, 2012 05:16PM
The only way I've been able to print successfully on bare glass was with Ultimachine PLA. I can't afford to import Faberdashery PLA, but I would consider both premium plastic.

Some cheaper PLA I bought have seemed to have an oil added to it that left deposits on my glass. Meaning, I would clean my glass, start to print, and then there would be problems with the first layer or the print would start to lift and pop off partway through. Then I would look at the glass and see a grease outline of where it drew. I would clean the heck out of it, try again, and wind up with dirty glass again. Very frustrating.

Right now I use PVA solution on the glass. Pretty low-maintenance stuff, but it does need to be cleaned and reapplied occasionally so it's not no-maintenance. I haven't tried it with the good stuff yet.

Another thing to keep in mind is make sure your extrusion is calibrated. If you over extrude, the nozzle will drag through the print and exert a force that will encourage lifting. Also, make sure you have a fan pointing at the print, I haven't had much success at all printing fanless except for extremely simple prints and my fan duct. smiling bouncing smiley What I think happens is if the PLA doesn't cool fast enough it can starts curling upwards, which causes two problems: there is a force on the lower layers to lift and when the nozzle strikes it on the next layer, it starts putting lifting force on it as described above. Even with high quality PLA, if my first layer wasn't at just the right height to get the right amount of squish, and perfectly level, it would lift. Too far or too close both caused problems
November 07, 2012 03:19AM
Making a PLA for your personal care it will take ages to fuly made.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login