Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Notes from the 3rd H-RUG Meeting Jan 13, 2008

Posted by Dylan 
Notes from the 3rd H-RUG Meeting Jan 13, 2008
January 13, 2008 10:57PM
We accomplished much this meeting.
I know I will for get some of it so please feel free to comment. Kelly, Dylan, RoundSparow, and I all worked together for about five hours. My extruder had a problem right from the beginning. The motor has some striped gears in it that won

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2008 10:59PM by Dylan.
Re: Notes from the 3rd H-RUG Meeting Jan 13, 2008
January 14, 2008 11:31AM
Was another great working session. Was great to see a second extruder behave in all the ways I have come to know. Great the problem motor mostly got resolved.

Discussion of Group Purchase of Rods
=======================================
Hey, there was discussion about doing a group purchase of Darwin Rod... I suggest the details and cost of this be posted on the new forum:
[forums.reprap.org]

I'm willing to finance it if we can work out details and take some guess at how long it will take to sell it all.

Personally I'd like to see us pre-cut them to all the appropriate size, as I found this whole process unpleasant with a hack saw.

// Stephen Gutknecht
/// Canyon Lake, TX
January 18, 2008 02:42PM
I have an Extra Extruder motor I located today, forgot I had a spare. Let me know if you guys don't end up with a working one.
January 19, 2008 09:42PM
I wanted to make sure James saw this...

I think within days of our meeting Steve D and Zach made changes to the generation2 firmware and the thermistor readings are supposed to be impacted. I think this is supposed to improve the 200c + reading range.

I haven't tested yet, but making sure you guys were aware that I was using and commenting on the firmware PRIOR to this change.

There is another issue I've seen with the RepRap host software having some lag on updating the GUI with the temps I see in the debug output. I haven't worked on it i much as it is minor.

I don't think my Extruder has gone beyond 290 no matter how long I leave the heater on anyway... and I've never seen my HDPE smoke or anything. But we do need to be careful while we are on these early stages.
January 22, 2008 08:50PM
Thanks to Sparrow for his thinking on my motors being wired wrong. I contacted the ebay supplier I had, got the correct wiring, and now I tested it and it WORKS!!

Speaking of the thermistors, I ordered a few extra with higher ratings from mouser. The one that is listed has a lot lower heat temp range (-50 to 150C) I ordered some rated for 200. We/I can test them to see if they work any better.

I ordered enough parts to make 2 extruder heads (minus the second motor). I'll start working on the new designs.
I'm going to order my threaded rods and try to start workin on the repstrap soon.

Dylan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login