Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Get Help and Build a Rep Rap Today

Posted by nhand42 
Get Help and Build a Rep Rap Today
August 17, 2012 10:05PM
There hasn't been too much activity on the Canberra RUG forum, but the group is still active and looking for new members. If you are interested in getting into 3D printing and you just need some help, or even if you just need some vitamins printed, don't be afraid to ask.
Re: Get Help and Build a Rep Rap Today
August 19, 2012 10:46PM
I wasn't aware that there was a Canberra based RUG. Any more info about it?
August 21, 2012 10:37AM
There's no club or regular meetings but a couple of us have gotten together to discuss builds and swap parts.

I've got a heavily customised ToM. The other reprappers I've met are building Mendels. Do you have a working printer?
August 22, 2012 11:23PM
I built myself a Prusa Mendel a few months back but I've been thinking about building another. The rostock delta printer has caught my eye.

Always keen to meet up with like minded people.
August 23, 2012 06:36AM
The Rostock is extremely cool. I would love to see it in operation.
Hi guys, i'm new to the whole reprap thing. Firstly let me say thanks for being there at all, it helps to know there are those out there willing to help newbs like me.

I have been pointed towards it by a friend who is also interested in building his own unit. we are currently looking at the various models available and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss with others who have either built their own machine, or researched other options.

There just seems to be so much information out there, starting points and beginners advice is what i really need.

Thanks in advance,

Vinn
Gday

Chris is my name - Live in Farrer and have been researching everything I can find on 3d Printers etc... Seems as if I am going to have to build my own as any thing of decent build size / options etc are so expensive its ridiculous... Not sure which machines to look at however...>?

Anyone interested in giving me some advice on machines that look decent that are now available etc... and or interested in getting together to build these things...? Am not a tech head but want to learn...

Mob - 0431 334 250...
August 18, 2013 11:13AM
Hi Chris,

Activity on this forum is quite low but we're still happy to see new arrivals. Welcome.

There is no official meeting place for the RUG. However there is a Maker meeting at the Make Hack Void workshop in Downer this Tuesday 20 August at 6:15pm.

[www.makehackvoid.com]

Make Hack Void has no relationship with the RUG, but they're open to members and non-members and entry is free. I think they'll be as good a place as any to meet makers in Canberra.

Cheers,
Nathan Hand
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login