Canada, Fraser Valley B.C. RUG  :  Reprap Forum The fastest message board... ever.

Anyone have spare LCDs?
Posted by: kburr ()
Date: March 22, 2012 04:36PM

I was looking for the Gen4 interface kit for my Makerbot and I couldn't find it. So I grabbed the schematic from the interweb and now I just need an LCD to use. So my question is does anyone have a 16x4 or 20x4 display that they have lying around or that they want to sell?

Thanks,

Kurtis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone have spare LCDs?
Posted by: Sublime ()
Date: March 22, 2012 05:25PM

I just ordered a 16x02 on ebay and it was only $2.95 with shipping. [cgi.ebay.com]
Damn its even cheaper now $2.93

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver

Posted by: johnbiehler ()
Date: March 22, 2012 05:49PM

I've got a bunch of 16x2s I could sell you but only 2 20x4's which is what you need.

I *just* received one from ebay that is identical to the Gen 4 that cost $9.80 from ebay:

[stores.ebay.com]

I need one for my Prusa and one for another project I'm working on.

We can discuss on Saturday though as I may have a 3rd one...will have to check.

PS Brad: open invite to my place Saturday afternoon...Kurtis is coming by to check out my printers.

[johnbiehler.com]

Posted by: kburr ()
Date: March 22, 2012 06:02PM

Awesome, I got all the parts I need (minus the display). I've had these hammond project boxes that I got as samples just lying around and I thought it would be a good idea to have the "control panel" tethered to the machine via a cable.

I will take a good look at those ebay postings as I have a need for a few more 16x4s later on... and maybe the stock pile of 16x2s can grow larger >grinning smiley<

Thanks for those ebay postings btw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.