Canada, Fraser Valley B.C. RUG  :  Reprap Forum The fastest message board... ever.

Closed
Posted by: Sublime ()
Date: February 18, 2012 03:54AM

Order has been sent. Maybe next time.

Hey guys,

I am almost in need of more PLA and was wondering if anyone else would like to go in on an order from Ultimachine as shipping is the worst part.

Brad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2012 11:17PM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ultimachine order.
Posted by: fredlatesta ()
Date: February 18, 2012 11:27AM

Brad,

If I were in beautiful BC, I would take you up on that offer. Sadly I'm way over here in Ontario.

Regards

Posted by: broncosis ()
Date: February 18, 2012 07:13PM

I could maybe

but what about a2a printer they are in canada and they show more stock than ultimachine

Posted by: Sublime ()
Date: February 18, 2012 07:35PM

A2A is I believe just another branch of Mix shop and were really bad a spamming the forum for some time.

On top of that the stock is really no better than Ultimachines.
The filament is from china which means it should cost far less than ultimachines filament and odds are it will be of poor quality.
But the price is ridiculous. $38 per kg ($17.27 lb) plus shipping. From Ultimachie you can get 10lbs delivered to your door for $16 per lb. which goes even lower as quanity goes up. (ignore ultimachines 1kg spools as the prices are way off)

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver

Posted by: johnbiehler ()
Date: February 22, 2012 01:47PM

Eugene & I were able to determine that A2A (while a spammer of this forum) is simply a friend of the Mixshop folks...and an earlier version of their site was almost a blatent copy of Mixshop. It seems to have evolved somewhat.

I've seen the filament from Mixshop and it's very similar to Ultimachine's...the big difference over Ultimachine is the speed of delivery...I can get filament from makerbot.ca or mixshop (or A2A) in as fast as 2 days if I need it...Ultimachine takes a min of 10 days if shipping into Canada. I just got a 5lb spool of PLA and that's how long it took. It was only marginally cheaper to ship it to my US address but my time to go there is worth more than the $7-8 I would have saved.

[johnbiehler.com]

Re: Closed
Posted by: Glitch3DModels ()
Date: March 17, 2012 04:03PM

I bought the last 2 rolls of Green 3mm PLA from A2A. They have been out of stock since. MixShop was out of stock at the time. Seems like buying in Canada is hit and miss.

Andrew
@Glitch3DModels

Andrew
@Glitch3DModels
Glitch3DModels.tumblr.com
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.