Canada, Fraser Valley B.C. RUG  :  Reprap Forum The fastest message board... ever.

Looking to Reprap in Fraser Valley
Posted by: bobby_rep ()
Date: December 09, 2011 07:43PM

Hello All,

I've been lurking on the forum and Reprap wiki page for a while. I've convinced my wife to let me try and build a 3d printer. I figure it'll be slow process and am hoping to spend the next few months gathering parts and putting it together. I don't have a background in it (other than in software development/programming) so I'm hoping to start attending some of your guys meetings and learning on my own and from you all here in the Fraser Valley.

So I need
Printed Parts
Non-Printed Parts.

Starting with printed parts is there anyone willing to print and sell them to me. I'm looking to follow the build information in the reprap prusa link: [reprap.org]

I'm willing to pay for the plastic and (hopefully) a modest charge for someone to print the parts for me.

I'm sure as I surf and source I'll find locations for the non-printed parts. But better to learn from others, are there local sources that the Fraser Valley group recommends?

Cheers,
Bobby

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2011 07:44PM by bobby_rep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking to Reprap in Fraser Valley
Posted by: Sublime ()
Date: December 09, 2011 07:58PM

Hey Bobby,

I have a set of PLA prusa parts I could sell you for reasonable price. I printed them a few months ago as spares and they need a good home.

The next meeting is not until January but we could probably meet before then.

For electronics I always recommend R.A.M.P.S or Sanguinololu or Gen7 . They all use off the shelf Pololu A4983 compatible stepper drivers which are nice and cheap while having more than enough power to drive a machine well.

Most of the none printed materials are available locally from places like Fastenal, Fuller, Saber, Home depot, etc.

Brad

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver

Posted by: bobby_rep ()
Date: December 10, 2011 01:57PM

Thanks for the reply Brad. I can wait until Jan as it is christmas and am in no huge rush (unless I can sneak away from my wife and come grab them between holiday events) How much would you like for the parts? Would that include the printed parts for an extruder as well. I'm very much a newbie for 3d printing so I hope I can get some guidance about possible pitfalls Ill run into from the FV group.

I'm thinking about hitting home depot for some of the non printed stuff

Cheers,
Bobby

Posted by: Sublime ()
Date: December 10, 2011 02:13PM

I am in Abby if you would like to get together and go over things and find out what you need from the local places and what you will need to order from special RepRap suppliers.

As for the printed parts. I have a few extruders printed and can also supply the bearings and hobbed bolt for it. You will be required to buy or make the hotend yourself (or go in on a hotend order with a few of the other members who are placing a large order for J-head hotends to get a discount). Price will be cheap and would rather discuss through PM's because it will be less than I would ever print a custom set for.

Brad

PM sent as well.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver

Posted by: ECSuyu ()
Date: December 10, 2011 10:19PM

Hey Bobby,

I'm the one who is placing a group buy for the Jheads. It might be short noticed but please contact me via PM if you are interested in buying a J Head nozzle. Unfortunately I we had placed a deadline of sunday (tomorrow) to get all the orders in so I can get made and shipped.

Eugene

Posted by: Baldwin Barry ()
Date: April 05, 2013 09:38AM

I just came onto your post and found it quite interesting. I am also associated with vehicle wrap los angeles, Banner stands los angeles, large format banners los angeles and love to enjoy the stuff on the same as its rarely found on internet. Thanks again for writing such a good post.

Posted by: teckum ()
Date: December 17, 2013 02:19PM

maybe I can help print some parts, wood can work, mas I have a laser to cut them. If you supply the drawing file. And we can come to an arrangement
Ontario location

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.